Room For Groups (The Birch Room)
The Birch Room is finished with Birch Trunks and Cedar Boards. The combination of Birch and Cedar exudes unique aromas creating a relaxed and pleasant atmosphere. The Birch Room is integrated into a large resting area and is only a few feet away from all Banyas, Steam Room, Plunge Pools and Whirlpool, yet still provides privacy for your group. It has its own air conditioning and independently operated TV. The Birch Room can accommodate up to 13 people and is offered in 5 hour time slots only (For information about our hours of operation, please call us at (347) 462-2166) for the price of $650.00 per five hour slot. It can be reserved in advance for a $200.00 refundable deposit. The deposit can be refunded provided that the reservation is canceled within 24 hours prior to the scheduled reservation.
Russian steam room
An authentic Russian room with a stove made with granite rocks heated overnight to radiate intense heat. The stove has a hole to throw the water into. By throwing water on stones heated to extreme temperatures behind metal doors, steam droplets of exceptionally small size are created; this makes breathing easy and enjoyable. The temperatures usually do not exceed 80C/180F. Here people often hit themselves or others with bunches of dried branches and leaves from white birch or other suitable trees.
Russian steam room with cold water
Here visitors can take a cold shower without having to leave the steam room.
A real wooden Finish sauna with dry heat (low humidity) and a constant 200F temperature. Finer control over the temperature experienced can be achieved by choosing a higher level bench for those wishing a hotter experience or a lower level bench for a more moderate temperature.
Steam room - high humidity (Turkish bath)
This steam room offers the added health benefit of steam inhalation. Fresh eucalyptus and mint are added to the steam.
Mermaid Spas circular Jacuzzi is one of the biggest in New York. Its located inside a lodge-like wooden hall.
Two tile pools are machine-fed with chopped ice.
Korean heated bench
A perfect place to sit and rest after a visit to the steam room.
Traditional Russian platza inside of a steam room with soap and venik (a leafy bundle) is available.
Scrub - $70.00
Body Wash (in steam room only) - $60.00
Platza - $50.00
Platza with soap - $60.00
The restaurant has authentic Russian dishes that you would not want to miss. Traditional Russian vodka, cold beer and freshly squeezed juices are also available. The dining area is cozy.
3,500 sq. feet. A quiet and relaxing resting area with trees, grass and comfortable beach chairs.
Massage 15 min. - $40.00
Massage 30 min. - $65.00
Massage 45 min. - $80.00
Massage 1 hr. - $95.00
Outdoor smoking area.
Membership, Admission and Other Fees:
Admission fee for adults - $50.00;
Admission fee for senior citizens - $40.00;
Admission fee for children - $45.00;
Body Scrub (inside of Steam Room only) - $70.00
Body Wash (inside of Steam Room only) - $60.00
Platza (Parka) - $50.00
Platza with soap (inside of Steam Room only) - $60.00
Children below 50 inches in height are not permitted to use our facility.
You can also purchase Gift Certificate. This Gift Certificate can be used to cover admission fees, food, drinks and any services offered at Mermaid Spa. It can also be used towards a purchase of our Membership packages.
Become a member and save! Membership packages and prices:
10 visits card - $450.00;
10 visits card senior - $350.00;
6 months / 26 visits per 6 months - $960.00;
6 months, unlimited number of visits - $1600.00;
1 year / 52 visits per 1 year - $1,870.00;
1 year, unlimited number of visits - $3,000.00;
If you purchase a membership for someone else or a Gift Certificate that is going to be used to obtain a membership, please give the name of this person to our receptionist.
Memberships can only be used by registered members and are not transferable.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission and service at this establishment to anyone at our own discretion.
- Photos taking or video recordings are not allowed. Violators will be forced to leave the facility without any refunds.
- No smoking including electronic cigarettes allowed on the premises. Smoking is permitted only in open designated area indicated by the "SMOKING AREA" signs.
- Please keep quiet.
- Children under the age of 12 are not allowed in the pools without adult supervision.
- Warning. You are entering saunas and bathing facility area on your own risk! Always be aware of wet floors use only anti-slip footwear. Always be aware of hot ovens in saunas and steam rooms. Always adhere to all posted warning signs.
- All sales final no refunds no returns.
- Do not lose Your keys!!! The charge for the lost keys is 25.00 dollars.
- No food from outside is allowed (except fruits and vegetables). Attention: guests who brought food from outside fruits, vegetables and any drinks will be charged $1.50 per person for our disposables tableware and following cleanup.
- We are not responsible for any valuables left unattended. We do not examine video surveillance recordings in search for valuables left unattended.
- We are not responsible for jewelry, watches, cash and electronics left at front desk storage.
- Our 45.00 dollar entrance fee covers the cost of a single seat & full use of the facility. Seats are sold on a first come first serve basis. We reserve the right to sit patrons in any available seat. We reserve the right to move seated patrons at our own discretion.
- No glass allowed (including glass bottles).
- In our saunas (banyas) you can only use aromatherapy essential oils that you bought at our front desk.
- Only our attendants can use water buckets in the steam rooms.
- No outside alcoholic beverages permitted.
- Children below 50 inches in height are not permitted to use our facility.
For information about our hours of operation, please call us at (347) 462-2166
Look at the map:
3703 Mermaid Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11224 (near the corner of West 37th Street)
Near Sea Gate community. Do not enter Sea Gate's main entrance, go around, from Surf Avenue make a right and within 150 feet you should see our black gate.
Subway: last stop on D, F, N, Q - Coney Island / Stillwell Avenue.
Bus: stop Sea Gate - B 36, B 74.